Friday, June 19, 2009

Picking a Supreme Court Justice

I imagine a President picking a Supreme Court justice feels the same way that the head of admissions at Harvard feels picking the last admit for the year.

"I want someone smart"
"They are all smart"
"I want someone freaking brilliant"
"We've still got a ton of those"
"I want someone with a proven track record of working hard"
"Yeah, still too many left"
"I want someone firm in their convictions"
"Have you met a (teenager/judge) who isn't?"

So, you are left with the challenge of picking someone who has the ability to influence the (student/judicial) body in a meaningful and enriching way.

Fortunately, Obama didn't consult the former Harvard president working for him.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hee hee.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
疼痛 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.